Skip to content

Advice on blocked gullies

September 29, 2007

blocked_gullies-2.jpgThe fall of leaves often causes problems after rain, especially in the Lovelace, Oakhill and Southborough areas.The Council is responsible for the maintenance of roadside surface water drains (gullies) normally situated in the kerbside channel or gutter on the Council’s highways.  The Council’s responsibility is to keep the gullies clear and allow water to run away freely.  The gully consists of a grating on top of the gully pot leading to the pipe which conducts the water into the surface water main sewer (the main sewer is the responsibility of Thames Water).

Drainage problems on Council Housing property (e.g.School Lane) should in the first instance be reported to the Estate Manager.

The Council’s contractor is a scheduled to cleanse of all the Council gullies by neighbourhood once a year, those on classified roads twice.  There is also responsive gully cleanse of any gullies reported as blocked by residents or council inspectors.

If there is a drain that you suspect is blocked/not freely running away, please contact us or RBK Street Care: Neville Rainford
Phone:  020 8547 5969 – This is an answer phone only. Please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible.

Thames Water Customer Care Line: 0845 920 0800

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: