Skip to content

Raven’s Ait

February 10, 2010

There is a decision on the future of Raven’s Ait coming before the Executive tomorrow night (11th February). In the light of this I thought it might be helpful to publish the written answer I received to a question I put at Council on 25th. January. The answer is from the Leader of the Council, Cllr. Derek Osbourne (Lib Dem)


What is the current status of the disposal of Raven’s Ait?’


Following the Executive’s decision in November of last year to lease Ravens Ait Island to Antoinette Hotels, the company was sent Heads of Terms for the transaction.  Regrettably, it soon became apparent that the company was having second thoughts on the matter and, as a result, Antoinette Hotels submitted a revised offer which was significantly below the figure reported to Executive.  The Borough Valuer therefore met with the Managing Director in an attempt to negotiate revised terms, but this did not prove fruitful and the company withdrew its offer.

As a consequence, the other parties who expressed an interest in the island on a leasehold basis have been approached again, to see if there is a prospect of reaching a settlement that might be acceptable to the Council.  Negotiations are continuing and it is hoped that a further report on the matter will shortly come before the Executive again for a decision.

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: