Ward roadworks latest update
from RBK Highways:
Brighton Road: Severe disruption expected!
- The Bridge has been successfully replaced by Network Rail.
- 13 April to 11 May: NOW EXTENDED TO 25th MAY in order to bring forward overall completion dates of all works and, due to the recent inclement weather, allow Network Rail to complete their ancillary works. Southern Gas Networks will take possession of the closed road to replace the old cast iron mains in Brighton Road with new polyethylene pipes. Gas mains replacement.
- During the closure,
- Kingston Council will improve the public highway under the bridge.
- BT will replace a sunken cover. (Completed)
- Thames Water will install a meter on the main to monitor leakage on their network. (Completed)
- Networks Rail will complete ancillary works (Signage, re-pointing of brickwork, pigeon-proofing, etc)
Oakhill: from the northern end to the junction with Oakhill Road.
Footway widening and entry treatment. Works is being undertaken by the Council’s contractors. The estimated completion date was the 2nd of May. Due to adverse weather these works have been extended by another 2 weeks until 18th May.
Planned Works about to start (moderate to severe disruption expected)
Kingston Road (A240):
TfL to carry out carriageway re-surfacing works at night (21:00 to 05:00) under a road closure with diversions. Works commencing on 17th May for 11 nights.